Wednesday 10 September 2014

Foodie Favourite - Gluten/Dairy Free




Hi Everyone,

So I thought I would do a post on some of my favourite foods at the moment just a few cereal/snack items that I have come across recently they are all Gluten/Dairy Free as I try to avoid Gluten & Dairy as much as possible.

So first things first.....

Doves Farm Organic Cereal Flakes

So these cereal flakes are Gluten Free (although not dairy free as they contain milk powder so avoid if you cannot tolerate dairy at all.) They are made out of Rice & Buckwheat & I find them very nice they remind me a little of Kellogs Special K (when I used to eat it) in texture. It states that they are low in fat & fibre rich so all that good stuff you want with a cereal they are also suitable for vegetarians as well, if you are allergic to Soya & Nuts avoid these as it may contain traces of them.
I like to eat mine with a milk alternative such as KoKo Coconut Milk (listed below) & dried fruit such as raisins, cherries, cranberries & blueberries along with some chopped hazelnuts but feel free to add whatever you like fresh fruit would be good for example or eaten just on its own too. 

KoKo Coconut Milk Dairy Alternative

Now as I like to try an avoid Dairy as much as possible I tend to use this Dairy alternative which is a coconut variety I have tried others such as Soya Milk but its not to my taste but I like this one it is pretty inoffensive in taste there is some coconut flavour but it is subtle & I don't find it makes anything you put it with taste odd which some alternatives can. I tend to use this on my cereal in porridges, in my coffee & if I make pancakes. I will say it is quite thin (watery) so tea & coffee can be quite strong.
It states it contains added Calcium, Vitamin D2 & B12 is Dairy/Lactose Free, Soya Free, Gluten Free, Cholesterol Free (at only 2% fat), a Natural Source of Lauric Acid, No artificial flavours, colours or preservatives, Suitable for Coeliacs, Vegetarians, Vegans & those with other nut allergies.

Eat Natural Fruit & Nut Bars; Darker Chocolate with Brazil Nuts & Apricots

Now for a snack or breakfast on the go I like these bars & the Darker Chocolate with Brazils & Apricots is my favourite. These bars are Gluten Free & suitable for Vegetarians (although they do contain chocolate at minimum 70% cocoa solids.) They do contain nuts & seeds so not good for those with Nut allergies it also states it may conatin Cow's Milk so no good if you have a strong Dairy/Lactose intolerance or are vegan.
I find these very filling even though they are reasonably small bars they contain crisped rice, various dried fruits, pumpkin seeds, coconut and brazil nuts along with dark chocolate. I buy them in packs of 4 from the supermarket although I believe you can buy them individually too there are also a range of flavours.

Alpro Soya Desserts

Now these come in Chocolate, Vanilla & Caramel flavours. I prefer to use these instead of the yoghurts as they don't need to be stored in the fridge just your cupboard & are long dated so you don't have to worry about them going out of date in a few days. I like these despite not being keen on Soya alternatives much. They have a nice thick consistency & good flavour too & are a decent pot size. They are Dairy free of course I get them from the supermarket in packs of 4 & the above flavours are the only I know of so far.

So that is it for this post I hope you enjoyed this or found it helpful particularly if you are interested in Gluten or Dairy Free products any questions or comments post below. Until next time..... Bye :)


a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12721023/?claim=rb8cbs4wqx7">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments: